1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
We generally collect personal information about you directly from you with your consent. We usually collect your name, email address and phone number, as well as information pertaining to the K.C. Lifestyling products and services that may interest you.
K.C. Lifestyling generally collects personal information from or about our customers, and thereafter uses it, for the following purposes:
- to establish, develop and preserve our business relationship respectively with our customers and other persons with whom we deal;
- to create, establish and administer customers’ accounts, to book consultations and/or to respond to customer or supplier inquiries;
- to provide the products or services that we offer, or receive the products or services that we request, and to ensure that all related transactions are supported and implemented;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers contacting K.C. Lifestyling by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and/or to allow K.C. Lifestyling to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services provided to customers;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of customers with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones;
- to provide personalized products and services as well as product recommendations to customers;
- as otherwise permitted by law.
2. Sharing of Personal Information
- Third party or affiliated service providers. We may hire service providers to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by K.C. Lifestyling to perform work on our behalf. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others. K.C. Lifestyling will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, K.C. Lifestyling may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
3. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Like many other websites, the Website may automatically collect certain non-identifiable information regarding Website users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the website you visit, the Website pages read and images viewed, and the materials you post to or download from the Website. This non-identifiable information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
The Website may use “cookies”, a technology that installs information on a Website user’s computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access certain features of the Website. You can refuse or delete cookies. Most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse a cookie when on our Website, or if you delete cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website. For example, you may not be able to access the Website, or we may not be able to recognize you, your device or your online preferences.
We use Google Analytics, which allows us to see information on Website user activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our Website. This information is de-identified and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals.
4. Personal Information Outside of Canada
5. Security of Personal Information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. K.C. Lifestyling has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information. However, K.C. Lifestyling cannot and does not guarantee the security or privacy of information that you provide through the Internet and accordingly you agree that access to and use of the Website, and the provision of data through the Internet to K.C. Lifestyling, is at your sole risk.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise authorized or required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
7. Access and Correction
K.C. Lifestyling respects your right to access and correct your personal information to exercise such rights, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
8. Withdraw Consent
In some jurisdictions, you may withdraw your consent to the use and intention of personal information about you. To do this, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
9. How to Contact Us
- Mail: K.C. Lifestyling Inc., 59 St-Mary Street, Toronto, ON M5S 0A4
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel.: 647.953.9878